Hey there it’s time for Saturday School with justjacq.
To start off, I asked a few of my favorite bloggers to share a little about their blog and some tips. I tried to vary the blogs so that I wasn’t getting all fashion blogs or all lifestyle blogs. All of these bloggers lead full time lives so I am so thankful to them!!
If you’d like to be featured in Saturday School shoot me an email at email@example.com! If you have an idea of what you’d like to do then let me know. If not, we’ll figure it out together J
So without further ado, I’d like to introduce Glitter and Gloss.
I came across Heather’s blog when I entered a blog giveaway and one of the requirements was to follow Glitter and Gloss. I am so happy I did because her posts are full of exactly that: glitter and gloss! Now as a proud glitter-hater, I was a little apprehensive but was quickly brought over to the glitter side by Heather. I won’t be running around with glitter, but I will admire from afar!
Heather is also doing a giveaway here on justjacq! Read through to find out more.
1. What got you started in blogging? It started out when my daughter Leila was born, just a little over six years ago. I started blogging pictures of her for out of town friends and family to see, and then I started taking pictures of random crafts I did, and recipes I tried. The blog kind of grew from there.
2. If you wrote a letter to yourself in your early blogging days, what would it say? Hmm…..I guess I’d say to take better pictures? I’m a terrible photographer, still, but man – some of my pictures from my early days of blogging were horrendous!!
3. How do you pick to write about? Is it premeditated or word-vomit? Oh my gosh, I’m dying over word-vomit!! ha! I’d say it’s word-vomit. The only thing I for sure have a schedule on are my Mani Monday link-ups. Everything else is just what happens to be on my mind.
4. How do you organize your blog posts? I try to do Mani Mondays on Monday, whatever is on my mind mid-week, Three Things on (most) Fridays. I rarely blog on the weekends, I tend to take them “off”.
5. What inspires you the most? My sweet girls, Leila and Coco (Gianna) I love seeing the world through their little eyes, and most of what I do is for them.
6. What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written? I can’t pick one specifically, but I really, really love blogging about parties I’ve thrown! (Last year’s Fourth of July party was one of my all-time faves!) I truly enjoy having people over, cooking for them, and entertaining, and when I actually remember to snap some pictures (or have a friend snap pictures for me!) I love blogging about it, and then going back and looking at it all.
Giveaway time. Woopwoop!
Using the rafflecopter (you might have to click the link if it isn’t appearing here… sorry!) enter to win a one month sweet-sized ad space on Glitter and Gloss. What’s a sweet-sized you ask? I shall quote from Heather’s advertising page.
“A 300 x 150 non-blinky ad that will show up in my sidebar, above all small ads. With a large ad you have the option of participating in a monthly group giveaway, and will get random shout-outs on my Twitter and Facebook pages.”
That’s a $21 value right there!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks, Heather! Don’t forget to stop by Glitter and Gloss and say hi!!
Giveaway is from 5/26-5/31 and winner will be announced on 6/1. Open to anyone. No substitutions available for the ad space. Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter and be notified by email. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Please note that justjacq is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prizes. I have represented each sponsor with the expectation they will fulfill their prize and in a timely manner. I will contact the sponsor regarding your prize(s). The sponsors, in most cases, are shipping their items to you directly. I will make every effort to assist you obtaining your prize. If there is an issue with a sponsor, please notify the blog you won a prize from within 30 days for assistance, after that we may be unable to assist you. Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin’ and Google+ are in no way associated with this giveaway. By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information and will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the winner.