Two posts in one day, whatwhat?
Crazy town up in here.
(I love that I still use correct grammar when I’m talking like a fool. Two degrees in English will do that to you).
The reason for this second post is because I am SO EXCITED about this. About what, you ask? About this!
Bre from Peacoats and Plaid has put together a DietBet for bloggers (and non-bloggers too, of course!) to get ready for summah. What is DietBet? DietBet is pretty awesome. It’s a website where you can join different weight loss bets and at the end of the bet, the winners all split the pot. Here are more details:
– All bets are to lose 4% of your weight in 4 weeks.
– Opening bets are all different, but from my perusing of different ones happening the average and most common is $25
– You submit two weigh-ins: the beginning of the end. For each weigh-in you take two photos, one is a full length of you standing on a scale and the other is a close up of your feet on the scale so that you can see your current weight. Included in the close up photo is a piece of paper that you write a word on. They give you the word around the time the photo is due to help weed out cheaters. One thing I was worried about is if everyone will see my photos and weight. Nope! Only the behind the scenes “referees” see the photos and weight. So no worries there!
– You can post pictures and write statuses on the bet’s page to motivate yourself and others but it isn’t necessary.
– You can donate your winnings to charity.
That’s a lot of details. It sounds like so much fun and I am so excited!
I was so excited I actually joined another bet. Bre’s doesn’t start for about 4 weeks and I wanted to do one now so I am also part of Get Ready For Summer which started now (if you’d like to join you can join in the middle of the bet).
Bre and I would love for you to join her bet! If you’d like to join, you can send me a message (firstname.lastname@example.org) or comment below with your email and I will send you an invite. As of right now as I write this, the pot is at $250. Say whaaaaat!
Okay, you know you want to join!