I love the Dove commercials and their campaign for the beauty within, but none of the commercials ever really touched me.
Then I saw this video.
I’m sure you’ve all seen it by now.
This one touched me.
I had just finished writing a post where I talk about my white legs and needing to workout more. Trust me, both are true and neither is said with negativity. But I realized that even though I know neither is said with negativity, you don’t know that.
Needing to workout is more than weight loss for me. It’s getting healthier and being strong for the things to come in life. It’s feeling good because I know I’m doing good. It’s feeling more comfortable in my own skin and being able to do whatever I want with nothing stopping me.
But I didn’t say any of that. I watched the artist’s short video and that’s when the entire message hit me. When he said he has a daughter.
I realized that what I’m writing here is on the internet and there is no taking it back and no guarantee who is seeing it. That means anyone can read this and take my words how they see fit.
1. I love my boobs. Funny thing to start this with, but I do.
2. I love my blue eyes. I hope I have kids one day with my blue eyes. But I love all color eyes. Especially my Mom’s. Her’s are so dark brown they are almost black.
3. I love my freckles.
4. My hair is pretty awesome.
5. I am smart and kind.
6. I care about everyone. Sometimes too much.
7. I take pleasure in making others happy.
8. I love to cook, bake, read, dance. I love to laugh.
9. My legs are strong.
10. I’m flexible. Both in body and mind.