Hola amigos!! I’m going to continue with the monthly goal posts and set some goals for myself for February. I found that having those monthly goals in the back of my mind really made me push myself in January so that I could tell everyone I had completed them. So let’s continue!
1. Complete weeks 3-5 of Couch to 5K. I have about 11 weeks until the 5K and there are 8 weeks in this program. In January I completed weeks 1 and 2. This month I’d like to complete the next three weeks. I know that some days might have to be repeated so I want to leave time for that to happen.
2. Make a new friend. Sounds corny but I’m always looking for new friends! Especially since I’ve only been here for four months!!
3. Reduce gluten. I’ve had an on-again-off-again skin rash since last summer and haven’t been able to narrow down what causes it. One theory is hormones and I’m still testing that one. Another theory is gluten overload. So to help with the skin rash, and my overall health, I want to work on reducing my gluten-intake. I already choose gluten-free bread and pasta in my home and I need to expand that to restaurants and to baking!
4. Find a way to make the Clean Program work for me. The program is pretty strict… a liquid meal for breakfast and dinner and a solid meal for lunch. No gluten, dairy, nightshades, red meat, strawberries, peanut butter, etc. The idea behind the program is to cut out all foods known to cause allergies, even those lesser known foods, for three weeks. The nightshades are hard for me because I love nothing more than my sweet potato and kale casserole. The dairy is also pretty hard because I’m a huge milk drinker. The gluten isn’t that bad and neither are the other items. The hard part is figuring out how to make, transport, keep fresh, and enjoy the liquid meals on the road. I’m thinking when I travel it’s just going to have to be my berry shakes for breakfast and dinner.
5. Learn more about gluten-free baking. I LOVE to bake. It’s a huge stress reliever for me. The only problem is… I’m the only one that lives here and I don’t want to eat them all! The other problem, I’m not sure how to bake gluten-free and still have it be tasty! I’d like to learn and experiment more while sticking to my food budget!
What are your February goals?